A few days before the end of the year, preparations for the Last Supper of 2022 are ready in almost every home in the country. The twelve grapes that bid farewell to the year and prepare us to step into the next with the right foot, is one of More traditions fulfilled by the Spaniards. However, the situation derived from the events that occurred this year, such as the Ukrainian war, means that this year we faced a major situation: Its amount is much higher than it was in previous years.
Christmas shopping is more expensive than ever
every year , Organization of consumers and users (OCU) keeps track of the most popular Christmas products, with the aim of analyzing their evolution and helping families plan their menus. According to the study, a month before Christmas the prices of these products are 5.2% more expensive than the previous year. The second set of prices reversed in the middle of this month Containment increased by 2.4%.
Last November 2022, food and non-alcoholic beverages increased their cost by 15.3% compared to the same month in 2021, only one-tenth less than the 15.4% in October, which is Record since 1994.
In terms of the star food for Christmas, grapes, the “Aledo” variety is the most consumed on December 31st in Spain, with more than 20 million grapes. It comes from Vinalopó in Alicante, but farmers have already warned that there is a “lack of demand” while “farmers’ costs have all gone up,” according to the chief DOP Vinalopó Packaged Table Grapes Regulatory Council.
Consumers often choose this variety because Flavor and thin crust They take issue with the fact that it has seeds inside, but more and more are choosing those that don’t have them or that have a different, eye-catching color, like black or pink.
How much do they cost in each supermarket?
Inflation had a direct effect on the prices of most foods, and grapes could not escape. Therefore, we tell you what supermarkets have Best price for this desired food It should be for next Saturday.
In German supermarkets, the following options are available:
- Seedless white grapes 2.65 euros per kilo
- White grapes at 3 euros per kilo
- A serving of 12 seedless grapes at €1.19
- Grapes packed in a 125 ml jar, peeled and seeded 0.99 euros
They have the following options:
- White grapes in large quantities 2.69 euros per kilo
- Seedless red grapes at €4.99 per kilo
- Seedless white grapes at €4.99 per kilo
- Pack of 2 boxes containing 12 peeled and seedless grapes At a price of 1.90 euros
On their website you can find several options, all Hispanic, but they also have the following:
- White grapes in large quantities 3.75 euros per kilo
- Pink grapes in bulk at €4.00 a kilo
- Seedless white grapes a 6.78 euros per kilo
- Pink seedless grapes, €6.78 per kilo
- Bicolor grapes, €6.78 per kilo
Although this year they have reduced the varieties they offer compared to the past, you can still find the following options:
- White grapes in large quantities 3.81 euros per kilo
- Seedless white grapes a 5.58 euros per kilo
- Seedless black grapes at 5.38 euros per kilo
- Luxurious pink grapes at €8.99 per kilo
- A cup contains 12 lucky grapes 1.19 euros
- Pack 3 boxes of 12 lucky grapes for €1.20
- Seedless grapes in tubs at €658 per kilo
This series offers a wide range of options:
- White grape ‘Aledo’ a 5.95 euros per kilo
- Muscat grapes at 5.95 euros per kilo
- Purple grapes at €5.95 a kilo
- Seedless white grapes 6.95 euros per kilo
- White and pink seedless grapes, €7.90 per kilo
- Seedless black grapes at €8.95 per kilo
- Seedless red grapes at €8.95 per kilo
- Pack of 3 boxes containing 12 New Year’s Grapes, Golden a 3.99 euros
One of the chains offering the lowest prices this year and has the following options:
- White grapes with seeds 2.99 euros per kilo
- White grapes with seeds on a tray, €3.98 per kilo
- White grapes in a 1 kg box at 4.49 euros
- Black grapes in bunches at €4.98 a kilo
- Seedless white grapes 4.98 euros per kilo
- Seedless black grapes at €4.98 per kilo
- White grapes with seeds a 3 euros per kilo
- Seedless red grapes at €5.38 per kilo
- Red grapes in bulk at €3.99 a kilo
- Serves 12 seedless grapes a 1.15 euros
- Pack of 3 boxes containing 12 grapes 2.59 euros