Royal author Tom Bower reckons King Charles will not hesitate to react to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Netflix series and book if they do major damage to the Royal Family
King Charles is prepared to strip Meghan Markle and Prince Harry of their titles, and will do the same to their children, if their Netflix show and Harry’s memoir are too damaging to the Royal Family, a royal expert claimed.
Author Tom Bower also reckons that Meghan will not back down, even if Archie and Lilibet are subjected to such measures.
Harry’s tell-all memoir Spare is set to be released worldwide on January 10.
Publisher Penguin Random House has promised it will be packed with “raw, unflinching honesty”, which has led to speculation about what it will contain.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Netflix documentary was also set to come out in the coming months, but has now been delayed following backlash over the new season of The Crown, which is set to be released later this month.
Bower, who says he spoke to dozens of courtiers and family associates in the past two years, spelt out the hostilities between senior royals following their reunion at the Queen’s funeral service.
The author said: “He [Charles] has made various threats to Meghan and Harry and warned that them if they go ahead they will find themselves ostracised in a way they cannot believe. And so they are worried.
“First of all, I do not think their children will get titles if they go ahead and slander the Royal Family.
“But they have also got to consider their own titles, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, could be taken away by Charles if they misbehave.
“That is something Meghan and Harry are very worried about because after all although she pours dirt on the royal family the whole time, whenever she introduces herself she says: ‘I am Meghan, Duchess Of Sussex.’”
Harry is reportedly moving “full steam ahead with the memoir” after a tense London trip for the Queen’s funeral in September.
“In the end, they left Britain after the Queen’s funeral feeling as angry as ever, if not more,” Bower added.
“Because they had been excluded from various events especially a reception for the heads of states, [Harry] not been allowed to wear his uniform and there was no reconciliation between them and Kate and William.”
“The Sussexes released a photo of themselves to media, hours after the King unveiled his snaps with William and Kate.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
“This was the resumption of hostilities from Montecito to the Royal Family.”
Bower, speaking on Sirius XM, called the photo clash “absolutely a middle finger” to the new King.
“Harry is brainwashed, would be the politest way of saying it, into going along with it. He thinks he has been badly treated,” he continued.